Tuition and Conduct Policy
1.1 Where we offer to provide an academic tutor, we will look to ensure they have sufficient qualifications, training, and experience to deliver effective functional skills tuition.
1.2 We have no liability for the performance of learners in exams, and signing up to our tuition service does not guarantee any success in examinations.
1.3 Where learners are unhappy with lessons, we encourage them to contact the company as soon as possible. When a block of tuition is purchased, if you have had 1 lesson and you decide to cancel, a refund will be provided minus the bill for the cost of one single lesson. If you have more than 1 lesson, only a partial refund will be offered. See below for more details on our money back clause.
1.4 Where learners are under the age of 18, they must have permission from their parent/guardian in order for the tuition to go ahead. All tuition arrangements should be set up by the parent/guardian on behalf of the child.
1.5 Lateness: Students arriving more than 10 minutes late for a scheduled session will incur a fine equivalent to 50% of the applicable hourly rate. This is to ensure the punctuality and commitment required for the efficient functioning of the tuition sessions.
1.6 Cancellation: To avoid incurring charges, cancellations must be made with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice before the scheduled lesson time. Failure to provide such notice will result in a charge equivalent to 50% of the session’s cost.
1.7 Prepayment Requirement: Payment is required to be made in advance of the scheduled lesson. Any lesson for which payment has not been received in advance will be cancelled. This is to ensure the commitment of the students to the scheduled sessions.
1.8 Materials: Students are expected to bring the necessary materials to each session, including pen, paper, and a calculator when needed. This is to facilitate smooth and uninterrupted learning during the sessions.
1.9 Online Tuition Meeting Details: Details and instructions for online tuition meetings will be emailed to the students prior to the lesson. It is the student’s responsibility to check their emails for these details and to ensure that they are able to join the meeting on time.
1.10 All students are expected to adhere to this policy to maintain a harmonious and conducive learning environment. We reserve the right to review and amend this policy periodically and will notify students of any changes made.
By engaging our services, the students and their guardians agree to abide by the aforementioned terms and conditions, ensuring a mutually beneficial learning experience.
2.1 We will look to resolve complaints as soon as we are aware of them. If you are on our live chat or phone system and are unhappy with the solution provided by our customer service representative then you are entitled to make a formal complaint.
2.2 All complaints must initially be submitted via email to [email protected] so we have a copy of your complaint in writing. Our team will then look to resolve this within 24 working hours. Where complaints are more complex and require additional investigation this may take up to 5 working days.
2.3 After submitting a formal complaint if you are not satisfied with the outcome, you are entitled to escalate the complaint to our dedicated complaints team at the following address: Complete Tuition Ltd, Complaints, Evans Business Centre, Hartwith Way, Harrogate, HG3 2XA. Our team will look to investigate this and if the complaint warrants a further response then we will respond within 20 working days of receipt of the letter.
2.4 Please note that Complete Tuition Ltd is not a registered examination centre, we do not provide the assessment materials directly and we are not the regulator. Any complaint relating to these aspects of the service we provide will be looked into but in many cases, we have no ability to address issues relating to assessment materials and the regulatory body Ofqual. If this is the case our team will inform you and will close the complaint as it is not related to our service delivery. This includes, but is not limited to things such as; exam results turnaround times, assessment material content and exam procedure that follows the Ofqual regulatory framework.
Money Back Guarantee
3.1 At Complete Tuition Ltd, we are committed to providing high-quality academic support to our learners. As part of this commitment, we offer a Money Back Guarantee for any lesson that a student feels did not meet their expectations or was not helpful.
3.2 If a student feels that a lesson was not beneficial, they must notify the company within 48 hours of the lesson’s conclusion. This can be done via our designated feedback channel at [email protected].
3.3 Upon receipt of such feedback, an internal investigation will be initiated. This will involve a review of the lesson’s content and a discussion with the respective tutor to understand the dynamics of the session. This process ensures the integrity of our services and helps us identify areas of potential improvement.
3.4 Following the investigation, if it is determined that the lesson did not meet our quality standards or was not in alignment with the objectives set out at the beginning of the session, the student will be entitled to a full refund for that particular lesson.
3.5 Please note that the decision to refund will be at the discretion of Complete Tuition Ltd based on the findings of the internal investigation. We strive to be fair and transparent in this process, ensuring that both the student’s concerns and the tutor’s perspective are taken into consideration.
3.6 This Money Back Guarantee is in place to foster trust and confidence in our services. However, any attempt to misuse or manipulate this guarantee for unjust benefits will be taken seriously and may result in the termination of the student’s enrolment with Complete Tuition Ltd.
Group Tuition Terms Policy
4.1 Group tuition sessions will typically consist of 5 to 10 participants unless specified differently at the time of enrolment.
4.2 Complete Tuition Ltd reserves the right to determine the composition of each group, taking into consideration factors like age, learning pace, and the academic goals of the participants.
4.3 Enrolment for group sessions operates on a first-come, first-served basis. Payments for these sessions are required in advance and differ from individual tuition rates.
4.4 Once enrolled in a group, students are expected to commit for the stipulated duration of the course. Refunds will not be provided for missed sessions or early exits unless in exceptional circumstances deemed appropriate by Complete Tuition Ltd.
4.5 During sessions, students must behave with respect towards the tutor and fellow students. Disruptive behaviour could result in the removal of a student from a session. Continuous disruptions may lead to a permanent expulsion from the group with no refunds.
4.6 Regular attendance is crucial for the optimal learning experience. If a student cannot attend a session, prior notification is expected. Punctuality is also essential; tutors are not obligated to extend the session time for late arrivals.
4.7 Any materials provided during group tuition sessions remain the property of Complete Tuition Ltd unless specified otherwise. Students are responsible for bringing necessary equipment to each session.
4.8 Confidentiality of personal and academic information shared within the group setting must be maintained by all participants.
4.9 In the event of a session being cancelled or rescheduled by the tutor or Complete Tuition Ltd, students will be informed at the earliest convenience . An alternative session will be arranged where possible.
4.10 Students wishing to move to another group or make adjustments to their enrolment must contact Complete Tuition Ltd. Such changes are subject to availability and at the discretion of the company.
4.11 Feedback is essential for continuous improvement. Both students and parents are encouraged to communicate their experiences or concerns to Complete Tuition Ltd promptly.
4.12 Complete Tuition Ltd’s liability is limited to the tuition services provided. The company will not be held responsible for any indirect losses or damages that might occur during or as a result of group tuition sessions.
4.13 Complete Tuition Ltd retains the right to modify this Group Tuition Terms Policy as deemed necessary. Significant changes will be communicated to all current participants of group tuition.
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by the company.
- The DPO and management shall take responsibility for the company’s ongoing compliance with this policy.
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually.
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, the company shall maintain a Data Protection Actions and Timelines Policy.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to the company shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
- All data processed by the company must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests (see ICO guidance for more information).
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in the company’s systems.
- The company shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- The company shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate. Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date as set out in the Data Protection Actions and Timelines Policy
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, the company shall enact its archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why. The checks to ensure data is deleted and archived in a timely manner are set out in the Data Protection Actions and Timelines Policy.
- The company shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept up to date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate backup and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
- In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, the company shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO (more information on the ICO website).
Complete Tuition Ltd values its learners and respects their privacy. Any information we collect about you is held with the utmost care and security. The trust and confidence of our customers and visitors is essential to us – we would never do anything to jeopardise that. We will only collect personal data on this website in order to process a request – a sample request, an account payment or an enquiry. We will never use these details for anything other than to service your request. Once we have a previous relationship with you (including by one of the actions listed above), then we may send you the occasional email to keep you up to date on our products and see if there is anything we can do to help you.
Data We Collect
We may set cookies on your browser, for the following purposes:
1: a cookie to track your session – this will track the items you have added to your cart, progress through checkout, and is also used to send automated complete your purchase reminders etc – in other words, support our core eCommerce functionality.
2: a cookie to track if we have shown you our welcome message previously so that we don’t show it again.
3: third-party Google Analytics cookies which track all visits to our website anonymously. More information at: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
4: third-party Facebook cookies which track your session if you have visited our website via a Facebook or Instagram advertising campaign.
In limited circumstances, we may ask you to provide personal data on our website. This data may include:
• Name • Email Address • Telephone Number • Billing Address • Shipping Address • Date of Birth (Applicable for certain products only) • ULN (for exams only)
The only time we will ask for any or all of this data is if you have asked us to perform one of the following actions:
1. Process an eCommerce purchase placed by you
2. Process a payment you are making against an order
3. Provide assistance to an enquiry made through any of our contact forms
4. You have booked an exam through our service
We will only ever ask for information that is relevant to help us action your request and we will only use that data to fulfil your request. If you have provided us with an email address, we may send the occasional email to you to keep you up to date with our products and to reach out to see if there is anything we can help you with. You can ask us to stop these mailings at any time by emailing [email protected]
Transfer of Data
In order to better fulfil any requests, we may move your data into our Customer Relationship Manager system. This system is only ever accessed by The Exam Tutor employees and any data we hold on you will never be shared with other people or companies without your consent. We will never sell, rent or otherwise share your data for commercial purposes.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold about you at any time. Email your request to us at [email protected] and we will respond and action your request as appropriate within 30 days.